NYFA 2017 Fireside Chat - LIFE BEYOND SCHOOL: How I Survived in the Commercial World
NOTE: All tickets sold are refundable (Please read the important notes below)
Join NYFA Alumnus Rachel Liew (Lighting & Camera) and Tan Wei Ting (Writing, Sound & Editing) in a heart-to-heart talk as they candidly share their experiences transitioning from school to industry.
Rachel Liew, NYFA Alumni
A graduate a BA in Digital Filmmaking from Nanyang Technological University’s School of Art, Design and Media, Rachel now communicates through the camera lens as a cinematographer. As one of the few aspiring female cinematographers in Singapore, Rachel has shot corporate commercials for United Overseas Bank and also worked on a short film Han which won her the Laszlo Kovac Golden Tadpole in the Student Etude Competition at the Camerimage Festival in 2016, a unique international festival devoted to cinematography in Poland. The film also won the Best Picture award at the National Youth Film Awards in 2016. She hopes to be able to lend her voice as an image maker in more films and music videos in the future.
Tan Wei Ting, NYFA Alumni
Tan Wei Ting graduated from Nanyang Technological University, School of Art, Design and Media in 2014, specialising in Digital Filmmaking. Her graduation works include Passenger and The Longest-Distance Relationship, which won the Best Jury and Best Documentary awards respectively at the 6th Singapore Short Films Award. She was also nominated for Best Sound Editing and Best Sound Mixing at the National Youth Film Awards in 2015.
Following her graduation, she co-wrote Open Sky and edited My Father After Dinner, which were both selected to premiere at the 26th Singapore International Film Festival. The latter won Best Singapore Short Film at the Silver Screen Awards that year. In 2015, she won Best Screenplay at the cINE65 short film competition with the film VOTE. In 2016, she wrote her debut stage play Split Up.
NYFA 2017 WEEKEND (30 June and 1 July) seeks to bring outreach and awareness of the film and media industry in Singapore to a new scale with a series of talks, workshops and screenings of previous NYFA-winning films.
As part of SHINE Festival 2017, the event hopes to encourage more youths to engage in various aspects of film-making, as well as to inspire through enriching media touch points by our industry partners. These activities also aim to reverse the common understanding of Singapore’s film and media industry through creative activities that are interactive and niche. For other NYFA talks and workshops, please visit:
IMPORTANT NOTES -- PLEASE READ
1) A fully refundable booking fee of S$5 will be charged for each ticket sold. Simply turn up for the event and register with us. Once your attendance is verified, Peatix will refund your booking fee electronically thereafter.
2) Seats are issued on a first-come, first-served basis (free seating arrangement).
3) Purchase of tickets will close on 30 June 2017, 12 pm. Any cancellation(s) MUST be done BEFORE the cut-off date and time, otherwise your booking(s) will be considered confirmed. If you turn up for the event, the booking fee(s) will be refunded. Otherwise, it will be forfeited.
4) The refund will be handled by the issuing bank/company of the credit card used to purchase the tickets. The refund process will vary depending on the cut-off date of the credit card.
5) Should the refund be processed BEFORE the credit card cut-off date: The refund process will be handled in the current month so no money will be deducted for ticket payment. In most cases, both the ticket payment and the refund will appear separately on the credit card statement.
6) Should the refund be processed AFTER the credit card cut-off date: The payment of the ticket order will be processed. Peatix will refund the amount in the following month through a negative invoice.
Note: Peatix is unable to access cut-off dates of credit cards. Peatix accepts VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
1) I consent to the collection, use and retention of my personal data by*SCAPE and the National Youth Council for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration for the event.
2) I will inform *SCAPE and the National Youth Council immediately of any changes to my contact details and/or personal data in order that *SCAPE and the National Youth Council are able to contact me for all matters relating to the event.
3) I consent to the disclosure of my personal data by *SCAPE and the National Youth Council to authorise third parties for the latter to collect, use and retain my personal data for the purposes of processing, servicing and managing my registration and participation for the event.
4) I understand that photography and/or videography will be taken during the event for news and publicity purposes and may be used for print and on online/electronic platforms.
5) I acknowledge that *SCAPE and the National Youth Council own all rights to the photographs and video recordings.
6) If I do not wish to have any photographs or video recordings taken of me, I will inform *SCAPE and the National Youth Council, at the event site.
7) I agree to receive updates on future engagement events and programmes organised by*SCAPE and the National Youth Council, benefits and promotions as well as to be informed about opportunities to contribute, share opinions and/or feedback via email, text messages, electronic mailers and/or post.
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM SGT
- Arena @ *SCAPEmedia Hub
Free Seating (Refundable) SOLD OUT $5.00
- Venue Address
- 2 Orchard Link, Level 5 Singapore
Take Passenger Lift up to Level 5. Arena is inside *SCAPEmedia Hub!
*SCAPE Co. Ltd3,101 Followers